Monday, September 3, 2012

My First Beading Experience

A few months ago, I had a chance to support a charity foundation by purchasing the handmade beading jewelry made by hearing and dumb impaired persons. They used these raised funds to support a disability orphanage in China. I bought a lot and sent them as gifts to some friends, and saved some for myself. Below are the photos of these beading jewelry I kept for myself.

These two necklaces and the cross & heart charms were made by Swarovski crystal beads and pearls. My photos did not take very well but they are really shiny in reality. Here is a close look of the beading charms.

Are they just beautifully done? I did not have the chance or had never thought I will make the beading jewelry as one of my craft hobbies. But since I saw these handmade beading jewelry, it lightened my heart and wanted to give it a try. So, I search the internet and see what options I can learn it by myself. Then, I found out the "Simply Beads Kit-of-the-Month Club" which suites my needs the best. They will mail you a kit every month and give you all of the supplies and instructions you need to make a beading jewelry set. When I received my first kit, I was kind of nervous and overwhelming on all of the supplies & instructions. But the good thing is they also have on-line video to teach you how to do it. After I watched the video, I finished my project within an hour. The good tip I learned from the video is you shall lay down all of your beads on the surface before you string them together. Below is the photo I laid down my bracelet beads pieces.

OK, here is my finished project - including a necklace, a bracelet, and a pair of earrings.

Happy Labor Day!


No comments:

Post a Comment